Making a cheesecake from scratch is not difficult but there is also nothing wrong with the packet mixes available in the local supermarket. I like to keep at least one in the cupboard for a spur of the moment dessert. This White Wings packet mix makes a beautiful creamy cheesecake with a zesty lemon topping.
- 1 packet White Wings Zesty Lemon Cheesecake Mix, includes lemon topping and biscuit base
- 90 g butter
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 60g sugar
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds then add the biscuit base sachet and mix together.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your pie dish or a 20cm round springform pan, and up the sides using a large spoon. Then place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Mix the milk and filling sachet together in a bowl with an electric beater on low for 30 seconds to combine, then on high for 2 minutes until thick.
- Spread the filling out gently over the biscuit base and return to the fridge while you make the topping.
- In a small jug or bowl add 1/2 cup of boiling water, the topping sachet and 3 tablespoons of sugar and stir/whisk thoroughly to combine. Leave it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread it gently over the top of your cheesecake and return to fridge for at least an hour before serving.