A creamy, cheesy, tuna mornay for an easy delicious meal that kids will love.
- 425g Tuna chunks in brine
- 125 g butter
- 6 tbl spoons of plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice
- jug of boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups of grated tasty cheese
- Cook the rice, boiling water, salt, pepper and parsley in the microwave for 18 minutes. You can use the stove if you prefer or a rice cooker. Drain the rice when cooked.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Take off the heat while you add the flour and stir/whisk for 2 mins. Return to a medium heat and gradually add the milk. Stir white sauce until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add the grated cheese, giving it a good stir.
- Add the tuna -you can drain if you prefer.
- Cook for a few minutes on low and add to your plate with the cooked rice.
Options: You can add some of these ingredients if you want too – corn, peas, celery, spring onions, shallots, parmesan, frozen mixed vegetables.
Ready to eat