Salads have really come into their own over the past decade, with varied ingredients to liven them up. This Sweet Potato Feta Walnut Salad based on roasted sweet potato is very easy to make and has an interesting combination of ingredients that taste great. It can be a meal by itself or as a side salad.
- Bag of mixed lettuce leaves
- Sweet potato
- Olive oil, approx 1 tablespoon
- Seasoning of your choice, we used vegetable seasoning, some other suggestions are salt and/or pepper, cinnamon and/or nutmeg, chilli powder or ground cumin.
- Dressing – your choice, we often use Balsamic dressing
The quantity depends on how many you are feeding, the salad featured in this video was only for 2 people, so we used 1/2 bag of the mixed lettuce, 2 small sweet potatoes, about half that packet of feta and a large handful of walnuts broken up.
- Cube the sweet potato.
- Add olive oil to the baking pan, add the sweet potato and some seasoning and roll around in the pan to coat.
- Bake in the oven on 190 C for about 20 minutes, pierce with a fork to see if it goes in easily, when it does they are ready. Take out and let cool.
- Add the mixed lettuce leaves, sweet potato, walnuts and feta to a salad bowl.
- When ready to serve toss with your desired salad dressing.