Tender, tasty and delicious, slow cooked roast lamb infused with honey and mustard. This is the easy way to cook a roast and guarantees the meat will be perfect. The juices make a yummy gravy to go on top. We prefer to cook our roast vegetables separately in the oven and just do the meat in the slow cooker.
- 1 leg of lamb
- 2 teaspoons of whole grained mustard
- Approx 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 heaped tablespoons of Gravox – if you want to make gravy out of the juices
- Mix the honey and mustard together in a small bowl, then rub all over the lamb leg.
- Place in slow cooker and cover, cook on low for 8 hours. The slow cooker will generate it’s own moisture.
- Remove the cooked lamb and slice to serve.
- Make gravy out of the juices if so desired. We add approx. 2 heaped tablespoons of Gravox and stir for a few minutes until it thickens.
Notes: If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can slow cook in the oven on 160 C for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, add 1 cup of water to your baking dish and cover in foil. Alternatively, you can roast as normal, for a crispy skin on 180C for about 2 hours. Our preference is to slow cook and guarantee the tenderness of the meat. It is possible to crisp up the skin after slow cooking, just put in the oven for 20 minutes or so on 180 C.