We love a good Satay Chicken and one of our favourite sauces for it is Taylor’s Thai Satay Sauce. For our taste buds this one has just the right kick to it with the hint of chilli. They also have a Taylor’s Peanut Satay which is just as nice, but milder. Both are available at Coles and Woolworths here in Australia.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced into thin strips
- 1 jar of Taylor’s Thai Satay Sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 onions, quartered and sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, thin strips
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Optional – herbs like shallots, chives, parsley, corriander
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in skillet and remove from heat to add garlic, stir briefly.
- Add the sliced onions and capsicum and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and herbs and cook for a few minutes to seal the chicken.
- Add the Satay Sauce and then add a bit of water approx 1/4 cup to the empty sauce bottle shake it around to get the last bit of sauce out of it and add to the chicken mix.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice.