This is a simple version of a red thai curry, easy to make, yummy and full of flavour. You can make it to suit your palatte heat wise. There are 2 ways you can make this either add the chicken at the beginning with the oil, garlic and onion, or poach it at the end when all the ingredients are in.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 500g chicken breast fillet, sliced thinly in wide strips
- 1/2 capsicum, diced
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 3 carrots, sliced or strips
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 of the tin of Maeri Red Curry Paste
- 400g tin of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 heaped teaspoon of chicken stock powder
- 200ml water
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the oil and garlic to your pan, after about 15 seconds of sizzling add the onion and capsicum, fry for a few minutes then add the other vegetables.
- Add the curry paste and coconut cream.
- In a small jug add the chicken stock powder and water, fish sauce and brown sugar together then tip into the pan with the curry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces and simmer for about 15 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with boiled or steamed rice.
Tip: We freeze the rest of the red thai curry paste in 2 portions for future use.