We recently tried this MasterFoods Honey Mustard Chicken recipe base and enjoyed it so much we thought we would share. It was quick, light and tasty, just what you want when you are after an easy meal. The first time we served it with mashed potato – yummy! the second time we boiled some rice and used up some left over boiled potatoes and lightly sauteed them in olive oil to go on the side.
- MasterFoods Honey Mustard Chicken recipe base
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500gm chicken breast fillets, diced or sliced
- 1 onion, halved and then sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, strips or diced
- 2 carrots, strips
- 1 cup beans
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet/pan and add the chicken, lightly cook it to seal.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the cream, wine, salt & pepper and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes until carrots are tender.
Note: Serve with mashed potatoes or steamed rice.