I have always made fruit salad this way and probably got the recipe from my mother originally. It is simple, juicy and tasty, good for breakfast, a snack or dessert. It will keep in the fridge for a few days although the banana generally doesn’t last for more than a day or two so it is best to only add this when ready to eat.
- Golden Circle Tropical Fruit Salad 440g or 825g
- apples – 2 or more
- oranges – 1 or more
- bananas – 1 or more
- passionfruit – 1 or 2, optional
- mandarins – 2 or more, optional
- kiwifruit – 2 or more, optional
- grapes – large handfull
Notes: The fruit can change due to seasonal availability and prices. Add in any of your favourite fruits like mango, peach, nectarin etc. I often add in strawberries.
- Add the tin of fruit salad to a large bowl.
- Prepare all the fruit in small bite size pieces. You can peel the apples or not, I generally leave the skin on for the added vitamins.
- Add to the tinned fruit salad and serve or refrigerate.
Serve by itself or with cream or ice cream.