This delicious Creamy Mustard Chicken recipe is very versatile with white wine and cream for the sauce with leeks and vegetables to enhance the dish.
- 2 chicken breasts – approx 700gm
- 3 heaped tsp Keens Mustard Powder
- 1 tbs parsley and chives – optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 carrots, in strips
- 1 cup frozen or fresh beans or broccoli
- 1 cup of white wine – your preference
- 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 300ml thickened cream
- Cut chicken into chunky pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chives, parsley, mustard powder to the bowl and using your hands rub it into the chicken, you can add a dash of olive oil to help combine it through.
- Add the garlic and oil to frying pan/skillet and after a few seconds add the onions and leeks and sauté.
- After a few minutes add the chicken pieces and cook for a further few minutes so the chicken turns white.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and continue to stir for a few minutes.
- Add the wholegrain mustard, cream and white wine and simmer for approx 30 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
Note: This dish goes lovely with potatoes, rice or pasta, my preference is mashed potato.
Ready to eat