A deliciously creamy chicken pasta dish, easy to make and very satisfying. This is a good recipe for using up that baby spinach before it expires, very versatile see the notes for other suggested ingredients.
- 1 pkt of pasta – any kind but smaller pieces work best like spirals or penne
- 500gm chicken breast fillets – diced
- 100gm butter
- 1 heaped teaspoon of minced garlic
- 400ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 heaped teaspoon of chicken stock powder mixed in with 125 ml water
- 125ml white wine (any kind, I prefer sweet and we used moscato, OR you can double the chicken stock amount)
- 1 spanish onion, diced
- 6 – 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 150 to 200gm sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 200 gm baby spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to serve
Note: The video didn’t have chicken stock added, but we decided it needed it to enhance the flavour. You could also add some diced bacon, broccoli, zucchini, olives or whatever your imagination comes up with.
- Put a large pot of water with half teaspoon of salt and a dash of olive oil on to boil for the pasta.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add the diced chicken and garlic, cook for a few minutes until chicken turns white.
- Add the onions and sun-dried tomatoes and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the mustard, thickened cream, chicken stock & white wine and bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- If water is boiling for the pasta, add the pasta if you haven’t already done so and cook to al dente. Usually about 10 minutes check instructions on packet.
- Drain pasta and add the baby spinach to the chicken sauce.
- Mix pasta and sauce together, leave for a few minutes and serve with parmesan cheese.