Corn Fritters are a family favourite for breakfast. Tasty, crispy, light and fluffy and really easy to make. They also make a good standby when you have unexpected guests for breakfast, I have even made them whilst camping. You only need 4 ingredients.
- 1 400g tin Corn Kernels
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for cooking
- Optional – add some chives, shallots or finely diced onion
- Tip the tin of corn into a bowl including the liquid.
- Add 2 eggs and gently mix through with a spoon.
- Add the flour and fold all ingredients through until you have a nice batter.
- Heat oil in a skillet on stove top, when it is hot , drop spoonfulls of the batter into the pan to make the fritters. I make ours approx 2 tablespoons of batter per fritter.
- Keep watch and when the bottom looks like it is golden brown flip over and cook the other side. Be careful flipping as the oil can splatter.
- Serve by themselves or with tomato sauce.