Coleslaw is a salad made mostly with finely shredded cabbage and grated carrot and creamy tangy dressing. Perfect for BBQs, picnics, as part of a salad plate with other salad ingredients, with schnitzels or cold roast chicken. It is very versatile and can be added as a side dish to so many meals. There are plenty of recipes out there to make your own coleslaw dressing but we really like Kraft Coleslaw Dressing or Zoosh Coleslaw Dressing and I am all for making meals as easy as possible. If you are really short on time buy a ready cut up coleslaw mix from the vegetable section in the supermarket and add the dressing. For large quantities though it is cheaper to make it yourself.
- 1/4 large cabbage, drumhead or savoy, finely shredded
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/3 red capiscum, finely diced
- fresh parsley, approx 2 – 3 tablespoons diced
- 200gm Coleslaw Dressing – we prefer Zoosh or Kraft
- optional – add some diced apple, finely shredded red cabbage, onion, natural seed mix with pine nuts.
- Add all the ingredients to a serving bowl, add the dressing, toss and serve.
Note: Keeps well in the fridge for a few days.