Chilli Con Carne is a tasty rich tomato flavoured dish with red kidney beans and is great served over rice. You can also use it on nachos or in a burrito. This recipe is fairly mild so children can eat it as well or wusses like the wife part of this partnership. It also freezes well for easy weekday meals.
Serves approx 8
- 1 kilo mince beef
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 spanish onions, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 packets Continental Chilli Con Carne recipe base
- 350ml water
- 2 tins of 400gm red kidney beans
- 2 tins of 400gm diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chilli paste for moderate heat
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the capsicum, onions and shallots for a few minutes, then take off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well and place back on the stove top on high, bring to the boil stirring often, then lower temp to simmer gently for about 45 minutes.
- Sauce will thicken and be ready to serve directly over boiled rice for dinner or place in containers and freeze for an easy week night meal.