This Beef and Spinach Lasagne is our favourite way of making a meat lasagne. The added flavours and tastes of mushrooms, capsicum, onions and spinach enhance the beautiful rich tomato flavoured meat sauce and cheesy white sauce. This is also a dish that freezes well either before you cook it in the oven or after. We often make it in 2 smaller dishes one to eat now and one to freeze. In this case we were having a dinner party so went for the large lasagne dish.
Serves 12 – 16
- A double batch of the Bolognese Sauce recipe – eg. 1 kilo mince beef
- Béchamel Sauce recipe
- 1 pkt Latina Lasagne Sheets – 8 Sheets (375g)
- 4 pkts frozen spinach cubes – 250g per packet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of parmesan to sprinkle over finished lasagne before cooking
- Make your Bolognese Sauce.
- Make the Béchamel Sauce with Cheese.
- Cook the frozen spinach with the olive oil in a skillet on the stove top for approx 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Once all the ingredients are ready start layering in your lasagne dish. We like to put meat sauce first so the lasagne sheets cook through and don’t burn on the bottom.
- For this recipe we layered in this order – meat sauce, lasagne sheets, white sauce, spinach, lasagna sheet, meat sauce, spinach, lasagna sheet, white sauce. We ended up with 2 layers each of meat sauce, spinach and white sauce and 3 layers of pasta.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese across the top of the finished lasagne.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
Note: if you are using dry lasagne sheets instead of fresh test they are cooked through by putting fork in the lasagne and see if it goes through easily.