Try this tasty nutritious, hearty, homemade vegetable soup. It is flavour packed with fresh vegetables and contains virtually no fat.
Serves 10 – 12
- 1 cup McKenzie’s Soup Mix – we add extra barley to ours
- 2 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 1/8 pumpkin – we use Kent or Butternut
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small
- 1 parsnip
- 1 small suede
- 8 stalks celery
- salt & pepper
- parsley -fresh or dried
- 2 lids of Continental Chicken Stock Powder
- 3 litres of boiling or hot water
- For the aussies 1 teaspoon of vegemite adds a nice boost to the flavour
Optional: add some cabbage, yellow butter squash, 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce, a tablespoon of soy sauce. You can also change the stock powder for ready made stock or your own homemade stock or even vegetable stock if you want it to be a vegetarian dish.
- Dice all the vegetables and add to your cooking pot.
- Add the other ingredients including water, stir and place on stove top.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for approx 75 minutes.
Ready to eat