This Thai Yellow Chicken Curry is an easy recipe that is quick and tasty. It is one of our favourite thai dishes either dining out at the local Thai Restaurants or when we make it ourselves at home. You can choose a variety of different vegetables to enhance the creamy, fragrant, coconut curry sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 jar yellow curry paste
- 500g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 spanish onion, diced or sliced
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1/3 red capsicum, diced or strips
- 1/2 cup beans
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- shallots or chives
- salt & pepper
- parsley or coriander
- 400ml coconut milk or coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Options: Swap the sweet potato for regular potatoes, and try other vegetables like carrots, zucchini, snow peas, tomatoes.
- Prepare your chicken and vegetables, ready for the wok or skillet.
- Heat the oil in wok over high heat as it starts to boil remove and add the yellow curry paste, return to the heat and stir for a minute or so to release the fragrance.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for a few minutes before adding the chicken.
- When the chicken is white add the rest of the ingredients including the coconut milk, fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Simmer for approx 10 – 15 minutes on low until potato is cooked.
- Serve with rice. We used basmati rice and you can follow the microwave recipe for the fluffy rice in the video.
Ready to eat