Quick and easy stir fries are ideal for a work day dinner, and left overs are also good for lunches. This Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry is tasty and there are many stir fry sauces in the supermarket to help you on your way along with frozen vegetables if you are in a hurry or out of the fresh variety.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500gm chicken fillet, cut in strips
- 1 teaspoon of garlic (optional)
- 4 shallots, cut into small pieces (we use scissors for this)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 red capiscum, small strips
- 2 cups of other fresh sliced or julienned vegetables or a mix of frozen stir fry ones like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, beans, snow peas and zucchini.
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 jar sweet and sour stir fry (or any other type of your choice, we used KanTong in this video)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- pepper to taste
- Add oil to wok or frying pan and lightly saute the onion, capsicum and shallots.
- Add the chicken strips and cook until it is white and sealed.
- Add the rest of your vegetables and stir for a minute or so, then add the stir fry sauce, soy sauce and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are the way you want them.
- Serve with noodles or rice.