Tender, tasty, slow cooked Roast Beef marinated in Moroccan spices. The advantage of using the slow cooker for your roasts is that it pretty much guarantees tender meat even if they are a cheaper, tougher cut of meat and it absorbs the flavours you pack on the meat. Add some gravox to the juices at the end to make a wonderful gravy to go over your roast. We prefer to cook our roast vegetables in the oven so we do them separately.
- 1 piece of roasting beef, topside or blade is good
- approx 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- moroccan spice mix or your own selection of herbs, spices, garlic, mustard, peri peri sauce the choices are endless.
- Score a couple of slices across the top of the beef to let the spice rub sink in.
- Rub the olive oil over the beef then your choice of spices/herbs.
- Place in slow cooker on low for approx 8 hours.
- When it is cooked remove the beef and slice to your desired thickness.
- Add some Gravox Traditional Gravy to the juices left in the cooker turn it to high and stir often to make a gravy this step only takes a few minutes.
Note: resist lifting the lid on your slow cooker too often as this lets the heat out and slows down the cooking process.