Slow cooking your Corned Beef pretty much guarantees the most tender, delicious meat that melts in your mouth as you eat it. Just put it on in the morning and come back to it in the evening ready to eat for dinner perhaps with our White Onion Sauce on top, and then if you are lucky you have leftovers to have on toast with pickles.
Serves 4 – 8 depending on size of corned beef
- Piece of corned silverside/beef
- 1 onion cut into 4 pieces
- 1 litre of water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- liberal sprinkle of pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Place the corned beef in your slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for approximately 8 hours.
- Serve as is or with your desired sauce eg. White Onion Sauce.
Note: If you don’t have a slow cooker you can simmer this on the stove top with a lid on for about 2 hours – results are nearly as good.