This Sausage, Bean and Tomato Casserole was an experiment, made up with ingredients that I had available. Really happy with how it turned out, very hearty casserole that is well balanced, tasted similar to a chilli con carne minus the chilli. So if you want a bit of kick add some chilli.
- 1 kilo sausages, parboiled and sliced
- 25gm butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 heaped dessertspoon paprika
- 2/3 teaspoon cumin
- t teaspoon thyme
- 2 tins of tomatoes
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Continental Beef Stock Powder
- half a tin of water or approx 2/3 cup
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 3 sticks of celery, sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- Fry the onions in the butter for a few minutes.
- Add the spices and stir briefly over the heat, add the tomatoes and the beef stock mixed into the water. This forms the base of the casserole.
- Add the rest of the ingredients bring to a boil then simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.