This frittata is light and tasty, and can be made with a variety of vegetable ingredients. We use onions, potatoes, pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots and mushrooms. Serve by itself or with a tossed salad and bread rolls.
- 1 large spanish red onion
- 4 medium size potatoes
- a wedge of pumpkin – we use approx 1/8 of a Kent pumpkin
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 large button mushrooms
- 4 carrots
- olive oil – we use olive oil in a spray can
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- salt & pepper, a good shake of each
- 1 tsp vege seasoning – optional
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or fresh
- 1/2 cup of shredded/grated paremesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 215 C.
- Slice all the vegetables into pieces about 2mm thick.
- Add all the vegetables to a baking dish and spray with olive oil.
- Place in oven and bake for 55 minutes.
- Break eggs into a bowl and add the other ingredients from the egg mixture, whisk and pour over the roasted vegetables.
- Place back in the oven but turn it down to 180 C and cook for a further 40 minutes, checking occasionally towards the end until it is a nice golden brown.
- You can test it is fully cooked by sticking a knife or fork in it and it should come out clean.
Ready to eat