We have only made Potato, Bacon and Leek Soup a few times, but it is a favourite of one of our dearest friends, Elayne. You can serve it with some parmesan sprinkled on top or chives. I love it with buttered toast to dip in. Hope you enjoy it too.
- olive oil
- 1 to 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, diced
- approx 150gm bacon, diced
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 kilogram potatoes, cubed
- a few sprigs of fresh or dried parsley
- 2 lids of Continental Chicken Stock Powder
- full jug of boiling water
- salt & pepper
- 300ml cream, thick or thin
- Place the bacon, leek, onion and garlic in the stockpot with approx 1/4 cup of olive oil. Sauté on a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, parsley, chicken stock powder and full jug of boiling water, cook for approx 25 minutes until soft.
- Add salt, pepper and cream then blend with a hand blender or you can do batches in an upright blender.
Notes: You can replace the chicken stock powder and water with any stock of your choice. Some people prefer the ready made stock or they make their own.