Peninsula Chicken Pasta in a tomato and vegetable sauce is a quick and easy dish with lots of vegetables thrown in, satisfying and healthy.
Serves 4 – 6
- 1/2 pkt of pasta – any kind but smaller pieces work best like spirals, fusilli or penne
- 500gm chicken breast fillets – diced
- 4 pieces of bacon – diced
- 3 tbl of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- herbs – fresh or dried, we used shallots, parsley and basil from our garden
- 1 spanish onion, diced
- 8 – 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- red capsicum, diced
- 1 – 2 zucchinis, diced
- 3 sticks of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 heaped teaspoon of chicken stock powder
- 200ml white wine ( OR you can double the chicken stock amount and use water)
- jar of spaghetti sauce (we used Dolmio Garden Vegetable Sauce)
- tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 heaped teaspoon of paprika (sweet)
- salt & pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to serve
- Put a large pot of water with half teaspoon of salt and a dash of olive oil on to boil for the pasta.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and add the garlic, onions, capsicum, bacon, mushrooms and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the diced chicken, salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes until chicken turns white.
- Add the herbs, zucchini, carrots and celery and continue to stir fry for another minute.
- Add the chicken stock powder mixed with the white wine, the tin tomatoes and jar of spaghetti sauce and paprika.
- Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer.
- If water is boiling for the pasta, add the pasta if you haven’t already done so and cook to al dente. Usually about 10 minutes check instructions on packet.
- Drain pasta and either serve pasta with sauce on top or mix together and serve with parmesan cheese.