This is a little bit more than a pumpkin soup as you will see by the ingredients, so we call it our Orange Soup, a name I love as we originally come from Orange NSW. After the GWS Giants win against Sydney Swans in the AFL last night it’s a wonder hubby hasn’t started calling it Giants Soup. You might notice his football gear on in the video.
- 1/4 pumpkin approx
- 4 carrots
- 2 sweet potatoes, small to medium size or 1 large
- 2 potatoes
- 2 onions
- salt & pepper
- 2 lids of Continental chicken stock powder
- boiling water, fill to just covering vegetables
- cream, sour cream or yoghurt are optional
- Cube all the vegetables.
- Add to a large microwave bowl or a saucepan.
- Add the chicken stock powder, salt, pepper, parsley and fill with boiling water to just cover it.
- For microwave cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 25 minutes. For stove top put lid on saucepan bring to boil then simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Blend with a hand blender or you can do batches in an upright blender to a smooth consistency.
- Serve as is, or add some cream, or sour cream or yoghurt for a creamier soup.
Options: Add some parmesan cheese on top, eat by itself or add some crusty bread or toast.
Notes: You can replace the chicken stock powder with any stock of your choice. Some people prefer the ready made stock or they make their own.
Ready to eat