Pizza made with Lebanese bread or Pita bread is a fast, easy, healthy option for a yummy pizza, and the kids can make their own. We visited a little Lebanese Bakery in Auburn, a suburb of Sydney, on the weekend especially to grab a few bags of this bread. 7 large pieces for $1.50 and it is so soft and fresh.
- Lebanese bread
- Pasta sauce or tomato paste – you can also add in a little bbq sauce as well
- Grated mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese
- Pizza topping of your choice – in this one we have used ham, onion, tomato, mushrooms and pineapple
- Place your Lebanese bread on a baking/pizza tray.
- Add 2 -3 tablespoons of pasta sauce and smooth over the base.
- Sprinkle a large hand full or two of grated cheese over the base.
- Top with your favourite pizza toppings.
- Bake in oven on 200 C for approx 20 minutes until cheese has melted.
If you are in a hurry you can cook them under the grill for about 5 minutes but keep an eye on them as the lebanese bread can burn. Alternatively you can microwave them for about 2 minutes if you don’t want them crunchy.