Homemade Baileys can taste better than the real one, is perfect to finish off a dinner party with, or for a nightcap and it is simple to make, just hope you aren’t counting calories, although you can use light cream and skim condensed milk to save a few.
- 1 1/4 cups scotch
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence, or vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Cadbury’s Chocolate Drinking Powder, or chocolate topping
- 1 egg – optional
Note: you can omit the egg if raw eggs concern you.
- Put everything in the blender and pulse for a minute or two.
- Pour into a jug or glass bottle and refrigerate.
- When ready to drink serve over ice in a glass.
Note: The Baileys will thicken quite a bit in the fridge and should keep fine for up to month or so, but ours is generally consumed the same night or within the week, depends if I have to share.