I don’t eat seafood but my husband David loves fish. This no mess and no smell way of cooking fish in foil, works for me and luckily he loves it. It is probably the healthiest way to cook it as well.
- 1 to 2 fish fillets, depending on size
- 1 lemon,
- a few dabs of butter
- some fresh or dried herbs, we used parsley and shallots
- a small amount of salt and some pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Cut a enough foil to securely wrap the fish in and place fish fillet in the middle.
- Squeeze half a lemon over the fish – retaining half to serve with the cooked fish.
- Add a few dabs of butter, salt, pepper & herbs
- Wrap the foil around the fish tucking the ends so they face up to keep the juices in and put on a baking tray.
- Place in oven and cook for about 20 – 30 minutes depending on size of fillets. Fish is cooked when it is white and flakes easily with fork.
Serve with salad and/or chips.
Options: use a little white wine instead of lemon juice or olive oil. Try some different seasonings like lemon pepper or add a little chilli if you want to spice it up.
Ready to eat