This Curried Beef Mince recipe uses curry powder and milk as the base along with some flavour packed vegetables to enhance the curry and feed a family. The taste is smooth and not overpowering so all can enjoy it. One pot cooking and very economical for a family on a budget.
Serves 4 – 6
- 500gm beef mince
- 50gm butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 potatoes, chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 5 celery sticks. sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 3 heaped teaspoons of Keens Curry Powder, or more depending on taste buds
- 2 teaspoons of parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons of Continental Beef Stock Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Approx 500ml milk
- Melt the butter in a skillet/frying pan on the stove top, and add the diced/chopped vegetables and sauté for about 7 minutes.
- Add the mince beef and continue cooking to brown the mince.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including the milk. The milk should just cover the mince and vegetables.
- Bring to the boil stirring occasionally then turn down to a simmer and cook for approx 45 to 60 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Note: This meal tastes even better the next day and also freezes well.