This delicious layered Cheesy Potato and Sweet Potato Bake recipe feeds a lot of people and is great for family gatherings or dinner parties. Halve the recipe for a smaller potato bake and leftovers freeze well. We make our potato bakes in a variety of different ways and this particular one was inspired by our daughter Stephanie who uses Maggi Cheese Sauce packets as a base with pure cream in her potato bakes. We had also acquired a few of these cheese sauce packets attached to the Corned Beef we have won at the local Club meat raffles.
- 12 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 sweet potato, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 packets Maggi Tasty Cheese Sauce
- 300 ml thickened cream plus 300 ml milk / or 2 x 300ml pure cream
- Parsley – fresh or dried – a few tablespoons full
- salt & pepper to taste
- Vege seasoning – optional
- Approx 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Layer the potato, sweet potato and onions in baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl add your thickened cream & milk mix or the pure cream.
- Add the Maggi Tasty Cheese Sauce packets, parsley, salt & pepper etc and stir well.
- Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top of the potato bake.
- Bake in oven for an hour or more check with a fork until soft and tender and golden brown. If you are making a half batch start checking after 40 minutes.
Note: You can add bacon pieces and garlic to this potato bake, you could also layer pumpkin into the mix. That’s the great thing about these kind of recipes they are so versatile.