Beef Tacos are a very easy, quick dish to make, especially on a weeknight. You can cook the meat sauce ahead of time and it freezes well. We make our meat sauce one of two ways – using the taco kit seasonings and sauce like in the recipe below or by using a jar of Old El Paso Enchillada Sauce and adding it to the beef mince
- 1/2 kilo premium beef mince
- 2 onions, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 sachet Old El Paso taco sauce mix – in kit
- 1 sachet Old El Paso taco seasoning mix – in kit
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of chilli (optional if you want a bit more kick)
- lettuce, sliced
- tomato, sliced thinly in wedges
- tasty cheese, grated
- beetroot (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- Saute the diced vegetables in the olive oil.
- Add the mince and lightly brown.
- Add the sauce mix and seasonings and simmer gently for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Chop up your salad ingredients and heat taco shells prior to serving.
Ready to eat